Thursday 9 August 2018

A toy not used...

I think I have had my DJI Spark mini drone for about a year. Poor little thing has been sitting on my shelf basically just gathering dust. When I first got it I attempted to fly it in my bedroom. This is not recommended , it attempted to attack me, coming at me with an angry buzz of it's little rotor blades. I then managed to fly it into a wall and it ate my beloved dream catcher which used to be hung on said wall.

DJI Spark

VW Beetle GSR
VW Beetle GSR
I am terrible at reading instructions. I just do not have the patience. And I am of the same opinion as Elon Musk who stated "Any product that needs a manual to work is broken."

Shot with my DJI Spark
Shot with my Samsung Galaxy S9
Anyhoo yesterday evening both Ern and I had a ride up the moors stopping near Smidey Shore reservoir and I had a bit play with my little drone. To be honest it was a tad windy, so no real footage. I did mange a few snaps.

 


Today I went somewhere quiet at the top of Wilka's Bank, the Stream Valley. There is a little car park there and again I had a bit play with the drone, trying to get used to the controls. 

Oot with the drone
Crap I know it's around here somewhere
VW Beetle GSR
VW Beetle GSR "Grandma"
I also placed the drones gimball in Follow rather than FPV, so the images were a lot steadier when flying. This little aircraft is so cool, just wished the batteries lasted longer than 16 minutes. By the time I set stuff up and figure out how to fly it, it is time to land the thing LoL Sure I will get better with practice. I have to figure out which joy stick is up and down and which rotates. I know it sounds easy enough, but when you are trying to fly and adjust your camera, well I find it difficult. I just cannot multi-task LoL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment