Thursday 1 May 2014

Camelbak Hawg NV 30

 I decided Now that I'm getting a little fitter I can maybe carry a bit more,so opted to get my hands on a Camelbak Hawg NV 30.




I have so far only just used the bag once on my trip down to London whilst attending a conference that Pace Rehabilitation arranged. First thoughts on the backpack, well it's big and i don't mean that as in it is way to big on your back, no as it big in how much it can carry. Believe it or not I had my whole riding prosthesis in the pack, that's socket, my BTK,tendons, pylon and foot and I still had room for my pj's and cycling gear, gloves,jersey,socks and shorts, plus a few odds and ends like meds and a multi- tool to pop my limb back together when I needed it.


There must have been well over a stone in weight in the pack and it carried very well on the comfortable straps. The pack has some nice features like a zip that you can open and increase the size of the bag when needed and also a built in rain cover, that fits neatly into the bottom of the pack. It also comes with a 3 litre bladder for those longer days in the saddle.
 

So first impressions are rather good, looking forward to seeing how it performs whilst out for a longer ride.

An expandable mountain bike pack for multi-day transalpine rides.

Specification and Features of the Camelbak H.A.W.G NV 30 Hydration Pack Black.

  • TOTAL CAPACITY: OPEN: 30.5L (27.5L + 3L Reservoir)
  • ZIPPED UP: 22.5L (19.5 + 3L Reservoir)
  • PACK ONLY WEIGHT: 1.26 kg
  • DIMENSIONS: 51 x 22 x 31 cm
  • BACK PANEL: N.V.I.S.
  • HARNESS: Dynamic Suspension with perforated foam, Slider Sternum Strap and cargo pocket
  • BELT: Fixed 38mm with cargo pockets
  • KEY FEATURES: Expandable gusset, zip-out helmet carry, media pocket, bike tool organiser pocket, wet-dry pocket, four-point compression straps, removable rain cover
  • FABRIC SPECS: 70D Diamond Clarus & 420D Nylon with DWR + 1000 mm PU
  • DESIGNED TO CARRY: Helmet, rain gear, extra layers, gloves, multi-tool, pump, spare tube, lunch, MP3, GPS, phone, wallet, keys









1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your Comment