Wednesday 26 August 2015

Dodgy blood tests

After attending the chemo unit at Durham last Wednesday for my routine blood check I was informed there was a problem with my white blood cell count, something called neutrophils. This means my immune system is pretty low and I am at a higher risk of infection and becoming neutropaenic. All big words I know, not sure I understand everything myself.

I have felt real tired over the last few weeks and thinking I was going to get my chemo on Thursday and Friday of last week I had the days booked off.  I decided to still take the days and aslo take a few more as a sort of breather before I hopefully am allowed to go ahead with more treatment this Thursday and Friday. I just want to get it over with and then get back to some semblance of normality.

I'm really missing not riding as much, as well as not keeping up with my swimming. I'm really critical of myself and also really hard at times. So this lack lustre feeling of no motivation is really bugging me. Luckily I have some great support and it helps immensely.

Lots of things are going on in my life some not so good, whilst others are simply amazing. Lots of mixed up feelings and emotions that I am trying to understand, whilst trying to not over analyse and wreck everything.


Love this cartoon image and quote  so thought I  would share.






1 comment:

Thank You for your Comment