Friday 28 December 2018

Minor setbacks and a change in Mindset...

Hey I may get a little deep here so bare with me...

Glenn Johnstone
"Dude Where is my Bike"
Now normally I would be writing this and well pissed off, with a kind of "why does this shit always keep happening to me". If it's not my health stopping me from doing something, both work and play, it is something breaking, or getting lost and I am on ages trying to find it. Anyhoo let me explain what has occured on todays little adventure and also go on to how I dealt with it.


So John messaged me late last night, when I say late I mean about 11 pm'ish. As I had gone to bed at 9:30pm, it felt late to me. I had been watching Skyfall on TV, however when the advert break came on I thought to myself "Man I'm knackerered I'm off to bed" so off up the wooden hill I went. We had agreed to set off for a morning tootle between 9:30 to 10am.


And so the morning arrived, well I was dead to the world, it was wor Baxter that awoke me barking,  John had rocked up right on time. I had to hop downstairs, when I say hop I don't mean literally, as that is very, very naughty and bad for my good leg, no I used my crutches. Anyhoo there John was I invited both him and his bike in and let him know I wouldn't be too long. And just like Mr Ben I was off to do my changing act, going from a practically naked one legged bloke to "Ta da" a fully clad sort of two legged, depending on which way you look at it mountain biker. I had my Rheo Xc knee on so had to swap that out for the BTK Crossover. The sooner I get sorted with my new riding socket from Pace Rehabilitation the better, should be sometime in January. It's a nightmare trying to realign sockets and prosthetics, as even a few degrees out just kind of makes me fee like I am having a weird day. Obviously if I start walking around in circles I know I have definitely got it on wrong.


Oooh Glass Wood
Glass Wood, watch out for Lambrini Girls and general scumbags
Weapon of choice...Fat Bike today. Ern very kindly got my new Specialized Turbo Levo out. No Ern it's the Fatties turn today. Bloody hell I am unfit, one short 7 mile loop and I felt like coughing up a lung. Of course I blame John somewhat as he was keep making me go back and forth as none of our pictures were coming out LoL. A little sample of John was "Nah do it again"..."Oh  I didn't press the button"..."Too quick, too slow" oh and lets not forget Johns favourite expression..."Awwww man I have shit on my tyre again...I diven't belive it like". Oh and John was rather upset as his new helmet now doesn't fit as his head has shrunk. I think it is something to do with the excess alcohol he has had over the Christmas period.
Hope there are No Trolls
John with his wobbly head...Err helmet
Although we didn't ride far it's always great to get out and the banter is always proper funny. John knows me well so my sarcasm and witty jibes are like water off a ducks back. Bit of a weird day weather wise, as at first we thought it was going to get out bright, then it went real dark and a tad windy as we rode further into Chapman Wells.


Trying to get decent pictures is something that is still eluding me. It must be because it's dark in the woods. I know for faster action I need a fast shutter speed and my F.stop down, however when I do this the images look real dark. Roll on brighter days.

Glenn Johnstone
Wheeeeee!


Glenn Johnstone


John did jump over here just I never caught him
Ok so we are almost getting to the part about setbacks and mindset... As John and I rode home from the woods, coming right down the main street of Mordor we turned back on ourselves and headed to go past the Police Station. At this point I felt a pop down on my BTK Crossover side. When I looked down, it was clear to see one of my tendons had snapped completely in two. This is the setback, obviously. The mindset part is in the past I would have probably developed "tourettes" and started bleep, bleep,bleeping about "why does this always happen to me", Just when I start getting back out etc etc. Well screw that, hey it is what it is. I am in a much more positive frame of mind. I mean if I don't have a positive mindset all my dreams of heading to Mull will diminish. I am a big believer in if something goes wrong and you then just focus on the bad stuff, then you are more likely to attract more bad stuff. I mean that is what you have set yourself up for right, more bad luck. Me I am trying to focus on all the potential good stuff, Hey it's almost another New Year, sure there will be some exciting and interesting things ahead. People to meet, places to see, things to do and should the lottery come up "Poof I'm outta here", where abouts already decided, vivid imagination in overdrive..."WooHoo". Alright calm down getting a bit carrieed away there.


Glenn Johnstone




Glenn Johnstone
Up towards the old Drift
Anyhoo in the grand scheme of things this is a simple fix, yeah I may be off my bike a little while, but I am sure the guys over at Fabtech Systems will sort out my current situation tendon wise.


Medic I need a Medic I have broken me leg
Awwww crap, my boingy bits broke
And so in ending just in case I don't get back to write another blog this year I'd like to wish you all a Very Happy New Year...Take care.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm don't think super glue is going to fix this Glenn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I must be getting fat or something and wearing them out.

      Delete

Thank You for your Comment