Monday 31 December 2012

Don't know if I'd class this as an adventure

On Friday quite out the blue I received a call from the University Hospital Durham from one of the consultants secretaries. She informed me an appointment had been made for me to see a surgical consultant on Ward 13 Surgical Admissions at 13:00. At first I didn't know who it was or what she was talking about, it wasn't until she mentioned my haematology doctor (Dr Keenan) that I sort of put two and two together.

So after finishing my voluntary work early at the RVI (12.00pm) and getting picked up by Ern (my dad), we headed off too Durham and the University Hospital.

On arriving at the hospital and getting up on the second floor and the ward, we didn't have too long to wait until I saw the consultant, Mr Baine. He gave me a quick once over and then hurried me down a corridor explaining, he was going to get to work on the large node I have in my left groin area, saying I was to come in on Wednesday and he would "chop it out". 

Mr Baine didn't come across as your usual consultant surgeon, he was quirky and I found him quite funny. I like his straight to the point way of going about things.

So what a brilliant start to 2013 huh? Two days into the New Year and here I am having more bits removed. Granted it's just another node and not a leg lol.  It will be similar surgery to the biopsy I had on my stomach in 2009 I guess.

Once the nodes out they will investigate it and I'll have to wait for more results to see what happens next.

So as soon as I know I'll up date everyone... This is all very weird to me as I'm still not entirely sure what Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma is, how I'm supposed to feel or what I'm supposed to do. Really I'm just trying to stay positive and go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment