Saturday 20 April 2019

A ride out with Reptile Number 2

Awaking this morning I was kind of lost as to what to do, and as the morning slowly passed away and I couldn't think of anything I decided to hide under my throw and see if possibly falling asleep would help either motivate me or bring some positive ideas to spring to mind.

Just as I was dropping off, wor Kyle (Reptile #2) poked his head into my room and said: "hey what are you doing in bed, it's a lovely day do you fancy doing something, maybe go out in the bug?" Well obviously now I thought I was having some sort of a weird sleepy dream state event, as Kyle rarely asks me to do I fancy doing anything. Apparently, it had been really slow at KFC and the Colonel had given Kyle the day off.

I agreed to a lookout and suggested Bamburgh, well it was a nice day and it is pretty beautiful up that way, plus Kyle had never seen the Castle before.



On the beach at Bamburgh


I told Kyle before we went I would have to give Grandma a quick wash, as she was all dusty from standing all week. And whilst I was on also gave Tango a quick wash too. Kyle gave me a hand and went on to wash his car whilst I popped in the shower and got changed.

Soon we were off, letting Grandmas Sat Nav lead the way. I had to call in and pop some petrol in, as Grandmas fuel light had come on. Man £60.88, that would last ooh about 6 weeks in Tango. Grandma is only getting around 28mpg, suppose it's not too bad when you consider she is pushing out almost 300bhp. Plus in reality, she never gets a good run out. The best I have had out of her is 38mpg and that was when I bought her, almost a year to the day, the 19th of April.

We passed some beautiful spots on the way up to Bamburgh, mainly on some back roads. I hate it when I am driving along and see somewhere to take a photo, in this case, a beautiful field of yellow rapeseed, and I am passed the spot before I have a chance to pull in, as there are other cars behind. A great photo opportunity missed, Grandma would have looked good in the field, with the rapeseed as a backdrop, never mind.



At The Keep
As we got to Bamburgh Castle and rove up towards the top carpark I asked the attendant was there any disabled bays within the castle. He checked and said yes so we decided to pay a visit inside the castle. Like I say Kyle had never been. 










 

We both enjoyed a good look around, especially at all the suits of armour and weaponry. The history of the Armstrong family and seeing some of the inventions and bits and bobs from planes was also interesting.

 











   




Coming out of the castle I parked in the lower carpark and from there we had a walk along to the beach so that I could capture a few pictures of the castle. Kyle from being little hating the feel of the sand, oh and flour, so he complained quite a lot as we strolled over the sand dunes and onto the beach. Bamburgh beach has beautiful golden sands and there are not many pebbles washed up. Kyle spotted one and I picked it up, telling him the story of a man that found a pebble and used it as a gratitude pebble. You keep it in your pocket and the last thing at night before you go to bed you pop it on your dresser and give gratitude for that day and all that has gone well. It's a nice sentiment to remind yourself to be grateful for what you have.


  
By now we were both quite hungry so I suggested to Kyle we could call in at Amble and grab some fish and chips, and this is what we did, before having a nice ride back home.

1 comment:

Thank You for your Comment