Thursday 26 September 2019

Oooh! Wonder if I can Polish it Out

After watching a part of the second series of Fastest Car on Netlflix this morning I thought I would take Grandma out for a spin. I aimed to head to Waskerley Reservoir, no big deal I thought, I mean just bang the postcode, or thereabouts in my sat nav and follow the directions.
Sitting up on the Fell
Firstly I had to put some juice in my car, so I headed down to Lanchester filling station, as it was on the way and I had noticed the other week the petrol was a few pence cheaper... well it was the other day, but not today £126.9 a litre. I put £50 odd quid in Grandma filling her up. Whilst I was sat at the garage I attempted to get the postcode for Waskerley Reservoir. I mean I know where it is, when going on my bike, however getting there by road is totally different.


Damit my stupid phone wouldn't connect to the internet, so I tried Google Maps instead. I then set off in the general direction. Google Maps did take me in a roundabout way towards my destination, however, as I got up on the top of the fells, nearer to Smiddy Shaw that Waskerley I soon came to understand that Google Maps was a bit off in its calculations. As I drove onwards up past Smiddy Shaw all the way up the hill and turned left I could see Waskerley Reservoir down below me on my left. I ended up doing a complete loop coming through Stanhope and then through Wolsingham and up Wolsingham bank. Google Maps had directed me in a big loop, however,r, I did not find an access road to lead me to Waskerley Reservoir.



VW Beetle GSR
Grandma
VW Beetle GSR
Love my Bug
VW Beetle GSR
Miltek Cat-Back Pipes
  Anyhoo I decided to continue on the loop and head back up towards Smiddy Shaw, and go to the top of the hill on the fell and possibly get a few snaps. I stopped at the side of the road and it was a lot windier than I thought. This made the sun keep pop in and out of the clouds. I took a 30 second Timelapse with my Go Pro, however upon viewing it at home, saw that the wind had been moving my camera which I had resting on a large stone, so the footage was all shaky, so that has been binned.


VW Beetle GSR

VW Beetle GSR

I got a few snaps with the GoPro of my car. I then thought "Oh I'll take a couple of pics of me" I am not very photogenic, but hey I love memories and pictures serve as a great reminder. My eyes are shocking without my glasses on now, but I didn't fancy pics looking like speccy McSpec Face so took them off to grab a few snaps. I then went to stand up and inadvertently stood on my glasses with my gimpy foot. Oh dear I don't think these scratches will polish out and what is worse is I have buggered my frames too.


Just afore my gimpy foot trod on my gigs

Hate wearing glasses, as I keep losing them or standing on them LoL
So upon arriving home I have just booked an appointment a Speccy Savers. Think I need to go anyhoo. The lady said I am not due for an eye review until May of next year, but I have been getting a lot of migraines in my left eye. This getting old Malarky is not good.
I don't think that will polish out
Never mind quite enjoyed the tootle out, listening to Absolute '80s and setting my car away now and again on the country roads listening to the induction roar and chatter of her Turbo. It really is quite addictive and always brings a smile to my face.


Reet I now need to save up for some new gigs LoL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment