Saturday 8 February 2020

Road Trip "What are you grateful for?"

For those that know me, well you will know I am a bit of a dreamer. I have always been like this for as long as I can remember. Of late it has become something a little more. In fact, although I still enjoy a good dream I have been focusing more on using my visualisation and thoughts to try and help my wellbeing. Now I know many people will scoff, however, I am the type of person that if someone tells me they are doing something and it is not hurting themselves or anyone else, and it makes them feel good then where is the harm. I would say "Fair play" to them and that they should keep on doing it.

Me and my little buddy, Baxter

A fascinating read, if a little difficult to comprehend with my small brain.
I spoke about my dreams some time ago. I probably gave to much away and anyone who took the time to read my post may have thought I was a bit Cuckoo. Well, I am not ashamed, as you only have to look at some of the best minds in the world, Einstein, Tesla, Steve Jobs or Elon Musk, they all admit to using a technique called Lucid dreaming. Now whilst I cannot claim to have such amazing intelligence as any of those guys, that does not mean I cannot imagine a scenario in my mind and transfer those feelings of being there, touching, seeing, hearing or smelling, all that is around me. In a sense, once I do this I have already experienced the reality.

As humans, we are learning all the time and discovering new things. This is true of the human mind and of course the human spirit. Quantum physics is taking us in new and different directions all the time.


How many times have you experienced something to happen, only to then think I am sure this has happened before. It's that old deja vu, which comes from the French term and means, literally, "already seen." Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all.  In my experience, I usually get a kind of feeling which I cannot describe and then sometime a little later that very thing I had thought of occurs out of the blue. Just imagine if you could use positive energy at a vibration and frequency to bring things into reality. Well, why not? The way I see it I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

This leads me to my adventure to Scotland. As I have been having all these thoughts bouncing around in my head about where I would live and what I would do, in my make-believe world. It's as if The Universe popped this idea into my mind's eye and I took it as if it was my own idea. Anyhoo I just said to my dad "I have a few days off, how about a trip up to Scotland and Port Willam".

We had intended to ask our friend Paul to mind Baxter when we went away for the day, however upon telling him we were off on an adventure he said he wouldn't mind coming along. So we decided to all head off on Friday morning and take Baxter, using Ern's car.

There is a method in my madness, you see there is a house I cannot possibly afford situated near Port William. In my mind it is the perfect place and location, it has enough land to carry out all my business ideas, and when I say business ideas they are probably ideas that if you went to see a business entrepreneur or adviser, they would tell you they were totally unsustainable and not a good bet. A bit like going to see the careers advisor when I was at school and them saying to you "you cannot do that, why not do this instead" Yeah those people who whether you down and trample all over your dreams.

So although I am no closer to actually owning that house, or coming into sums of money to create my dream into reality, in my mind at least I have taken one step towards making things real. I have visited the area I would like to be. I have physically walked along the nearby beach. I have seen the beautiful sights, smelt and tasted the fresh sea air. I have touched the pebbles and rocks upon the beach and best of all I have laughed and had fun with those people and let's not forget dog I love. I have a sense of what it would be like to live in that world.

Everyone will know the actor Jim Carey, did you know that whilst having an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 1997 he told her of how he used to visualise becoming famous and having a cheque for 10 Million dollars. He would drive to Mullholland Drive each night and visualise how it would come about. He used to keep a handwritten cheque in his wallet and visualise every day. He gave himself a time frame. Well, guess what he achieved his dreams, receiving a cheque for 10 Million Dollars for his Movie Ace Ventura. 
Here is a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPU5bjzLZX0

Moving back to our adventure. I had my alarm set for 6:40am, this would give me enough time to get ready and sort out my provisions for the day. I made up some sandwiches using Quorn meats and added some salad, popping all this in some tasty bread buns. These sandwiches turned out to be quite delicious by the way. I also had some Quorn Thai bites, first time trying these and I can tell you they didn't last long either. I prepared a drink in my new drinks infuser, adding lemon, blueberries and strawberries, it was really quite refreshing. My Vegan diet is going well and where I did not use to enjoy the food I now look forward to a tasty meal. I am also feeling different, maybe healthier, more upbeat. 


A really rather tasty sandwich I created.

Ok so my cameras were charged and we were ready to go and pick Paul up. Ern had to go and get some diesel in his car so off we went to Costco. From Costco, we called into Heddon on the wall and LVH Engine and Resto's so that I could pick up a few parts from Paul and Rob that I was no longer going to be using on Myrtle my 65 Bug. I had sold an electric fuel pump stand online, so needed to pick this up. There was also a fuel kit I was no longer going to be having fitted so I picked that up too. After a quick chat to the lads, we were off towards Scotland.


I sat in the back of the car has brought along a book I had just bought, The collected works of Thomas Troward. I managed to get to chapter 5 on the drive so far up. Man, it is a very difficult read, probably way above my intellect, however, I am taking some knowledge from it and I will persevere. Basically, it's about the creative process in individuals, the law and the word. All very technical and I am discovering I have to read then re-read certain parts to try and understand. Truth, Life and Beauty appear to be key, alongside being true to oneself, otherwise, you create internal conflict and can then project negativity in all you do or say. There is a lot of talk about your spirit and so forth, all very interesting, however like I say sometimes hard to understand.

As we travelled further up and into Scotland, I put my book down and started to take in the amazing and beautiful landscapes. The weather was not the best, very cold, windy and overcast, the sun shining through the clouds briefly now and again was a welcome treat as it appeared to light up the lush green grass of the hills. As we came along the edge of Scotland on the A75 and looked out upon the Big Water of Fleet, it really brought home that we are indeed on an island. 


It didn't feel long before we saw the signs for Newton Stewart and from there  Glenluce. Arriving at Glenluce and driving through the village we spotted the Glenluce Viaduct, a great photo opportunity. So we parked up and headed off in the general direction to try and get on top of the viaduct. After walking up this extremely muddy trail and not finding a way onto the viaduct, we saw this gentleman coming down the trail in his van. He stopped and we asked him about the viaduct and he informed us that it was actually closed off to the public. We spent a good 15 minutes or so chatting to the van driver, he was a very friendly chap, asking where we were from. I then explained the reason for our visit, just a day trip. Going one step further to ask about the house of my dreams. He knew of the house immediately and I went on to explain without trying to sound like a total fruit loop, just how much I would like to live there, should I have the opportunity. Upon leaving the lad wished me all the luck in the world, even saying "hey you never know I may see you about here then".


Ern, Mr Corker and wor Baxter
Me, Ern and wor Baxter


Me, Mr Corker and wor Baxter @ Glenluce Viaduct
Paul retired back to our car as he was hungry and Ern, Baxter and I found our way up and onto the top of the viaduct, walking only a little way across as there were gates to prevent us walking the whole length. When we came back down I grabbed a few more shots and then we were off to visit Glenluce Abbey.

Ern walking up the muddy trail, with Baxter who was not impressed he had got his feet wet.
Uncle Albert


Baxter, not a happy puppy as it was wet and Stoney, he has sensitive feet don't you know

Baxter
Heading up the bank to get on top of Glenluce Viaduct
Baxter such a good boy
On top of Glenluce Viaduct
Me and Baxter
Glenluce Viaduct


The abbey was actually closed. Apparently, it must be tour guide led and costs £6 per person. No one was around as this is the offseason, however, the gates were open, so we had a stroll around taking in the sights and I again grabbed a few shots. 


Glenluce Abbey


Glenluce Abbey










I would have liked to have visited Wigtown as it is well known for its book shops. This will have to be another adventure however as once I get in a book shop I would have needed a lot more time. 

Next on the agenda Luce Bay and Port Willaim. I knew we were not going to be able to drive up the long private road to go and look at this house I have in my head. I mean it would be a bit weird rocking up, whipping out my camera and starting to take pictures. Then the owner coming out and saying "Excuse me what are you doing?" Then trying to go on and explain "Oh this is my dream house I currently only have £10 in my wallet, but I would really like to live here and run a business one day". 


Luce Bay

Luce Bay
 Luce Bay xxx
A hundred thousand pebbles and more, strewn across the beach. Organised chaos, each one where it is supposed to be. A wild hooley blowing, the sky and it clouds a multitude of colours, mainly dark the portent of a storm a-brewing. The sea untamed, grey and angry, it peaks forming whitecaps that dance along the bay. The sun it is in hiding, a veil of cloud its foe. The sun it is not happy its fingers tear a whole. A golden shaft of light emerges, and reaches downwards, creating quite the scene. A beautiful sight to behold anger versus serene. 



My little pebble creation



Mr Corker @ Luce Bay
Never mind we pulled off the road a Luce Bay, man it was blowing a hooley. I had a little look around for some pebbles that I liked the shape of and borrowed a few. These will become gratitude pebbles. I also stacked a few pebbles and tried to grab a scenic shot of the beach. The beach is rocky and strewn with pebbles. This weekend storm Ciara is supposed to hit. I bet there will be lots of driftwood washes up on the beach. When I get to live here the collection of driftwood and making various items would be one of my pastimes.

Riding along from Luce Bay, towards Port William and checking out Google Maps I exclaimed to Ern, Paul and Baxter, "that is the road that leads up to my house". From the road, we could actually see a small derelict house which comes as part of the main property. This smaller house has planning permission in and is ideally situated to look out over Luce Bay... Ahhhh off dreaming as I write this. Continuing on we drove along to Port William and went into a small cafe which overlooked the Port. We all had a nice cup of coffee, served by some very friendly ladies. Unfortunately no fridge magnets, so Ern bought me 2 postcards and a lapel badge which I have pinned to my dream boards, yes I said boards as I now have three. Once done we were off again, Paul taking over the driving.



Postcards from Port William

Baxter said hello to this man, then figured out he had no treats so was sad.

Ern with his new pal
Had a great day in a great place, with great company
My dear old dad x
We headed as on the map, making a few wrong turns, however, in reality, there were no wrong turns as we were after all just out on an adventure and each place we saw was the opportunity to see somewhere new. Things I saw that I really loved, old fisherman cottages still in use. The tough granite-like stone, eroded by years of sea salt and standing the test of time. Quaint country roads, some of which had grass down the middle as they are not used regularly. Friendly people with their dogs on these small country roads who would wave in appreciation as you slowly passed them by. The awesome power of the waves within the various Bays and Ports, white caps forming and the waves looking an angry grey.

We did a complete loop heading from Glenluce all the way down to the Isle of Whithorn, then once getting as far as we could on the peninsula, we drove back up towards the A75 and Newton Stewart. Once on the A75, Paul drove us home.




So what am I grateful for? The opportunity to spend time with my dad and friends, plus Baxter of course who lay dozing in the back of our car for the majority of the day, he loves just being in company. He is a very good lad.
Being able to get from A to B and experience new places and meet new people.
Being able to venture out onto the beach, feel the wind and taste the sea air, touch the sand as I reached for a pebble. Being able to take a picture not only with my camera but also in my mind and recall a lovely day. I am grateful we got to where we were going and back again safe and sound and live to venture out another day.

Oh and hey if it was you Universe prompting me to action thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment