Saturday 22 February 2020

Small Vintage Positivity Suitcase

After rather enjoying our first attempt at making a Vintage Suitcase Boombox we decided to have another go, however, this time going on to design and make a case a lot lighter than our previous attempt. Lessons learnt you see although the first suitcase turned out canny, it was pretty heavy...well to be fair there is nothing pretty about the weight, it's dammed heavy.

Smaller, Lighter and improved sound


First Vinatge Suitcase, a bit heavy


























This is the second Vintage suitcase, it is a lot smaller and also a lot lighter, however still gives off a really good sound.

 Here is a little demonstration of the case working and how it sounds.
 



Using the Dayton Audio equipment really helped as everything is pretty much plug and play. We used a Dayton Audio KAB-250v3 2x50W Class D Audio Amplifier Board with Bluetooth 4.0 alongside a Dayton Audio KAB- Battery Extension board.  I got my hands on some DS18 50Watt speakers.

Learnt a little bit about matching speakers to the Amp, a mistake I made with my last case. I think the smaller case actually sounds a little better than my big one.


Wee Vintage Case


I decided to decorate my case in some things I enjoy learning and reading about, plus some people I really admire. You will be able to spot Nikola Tesla, William Blake, Einstein and Edgar Allan Poe to name a few.


Bluetooth connectivity as well as an Aux jack and a seperate power connector so you can plug in a nd charge the 18650  batteries.
A small retro toggle switch to power on and off
I stuck in a few pics, then coated them in a PVA solution to protect them.
Love this little case
Just a few minor jobs to do. Tidy up the wiring and mount the volume switch

A huge thankyou to my dad, as usual as he did the majority of the work. I was more like the supervisor/designer and chief decorator Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment