Sunday 25 August 2024

Go Fund Me to help with some of my prosthetic needs.

 For the regulars that visit my blog you will know that cycling is a huge part of my life, and wellbeing. You may also know that I have been very fortunate in the past to receive a lot of support from various people, clinics and a foundation close to my heart Arctic ONE.



Unfortunately due to one thing and another I have found myself in a position where I am now having to self fund my prosthetic needs and as you can imagine this is very expensive.

I have been struggling for well over 2 years for instance with socket fit and lost a great deal of time off work due to this.

My old Bartlett tendon Generation 2 is wrecked, so I have had to self fund a refurbished Generation 3 Infinity Knee. I simply couldn't afford a new one at almost £8,000.

  


I am very fortunate and count my blessings that I am able to work, save and continue to follow my passion, as without it I hate to think where my mental health would be.

In the past I have endeavoured to complete various challenges and support charities such as Cancer Research UK, Help for Heroes and Arctic ONE.

After much thought I have decided to start a Go Fund me page and see if anyone is willing to help me out a little with the expense of my knee and maybe if I can raise enough a new socket. 

 


Again I am very fortunate that I am able to ride now, well once I get over this dam colitis thing, and I'm hopefully able to "Pass it on" as it where and get involved in doing some more important support of others.

Anyhoo here is the link to my Go Fund Me page, please share and thanks for any support.

Kind Regards

Glenn

No comments: